Friday, October 13, 2006

My Most Significant Change

The guys at Anecdote have been developing Zahmoo - an as-yet-unveiled software to assist in using the Most Significant Change technique. (The little I know so far of this method indicates it could be invaluable in evaluating the kinds of catchment/land management programs that my organisation tackles.

Today they invited Zahmoo blog visitors to contribute their Most Significant Change in relation to The Blogosphere. I posted a story about a negative experience (googling my name to find an unpleasant depiction of me by another blogger) that was part of the boost that got me up and blogging myself.

On reflection I realised that the temporary breakdown in the act-km yahoo group was indicative of the very limitations of the discussion list medium itself. Blogging for me offers not only the ability to wrestle back power over my identity in the virtual world, but also provides the many "rooms" needed to allow creative debate and discussion to flourish without the kind of fallout experienced during that incident. At the risk of perpetuating a label with too much baggage already - this little voice may have found her place in the world.

Bear with me as I settle into my new "house" and drop in ever now and then for a chat - I think there's going to be plenty to talk about!

No comments: