Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Serendipitous Connections" is my first foray into blogging. With a slightly daggy wink at my full name, the title also reflects the topics I wish to explore here:
  • Complexity - social complexity and complex adaptive systems, and
  • Networks - social network analysis and networked goverment.

Not immediately obvious in the title is the third key area of interest: the application of the above knowledge to natural resource management, and to water quality and catchment management in particular.

It is:

A journal of personal learning...
A repository for my research...
A space in which to explore and sort through my ideas/questions/puzzles...

... all this and more (I hope!).

I have commenced this blog as a personal commitment to my professional development but expect that before long I will be actively sharing it with colleagues, fellow practitioners, friends ..... who knows? Serendipity will happen!

I look forward to the journey.

Serena

1 comment:

Serena said...

Great tip - thanks Shawn. And thanks for the blogline :-) (must learn how to do that soon!)